Saturday, January 23, 2010

soivebeenTHINKING

About a lot of things lately. I tend to think a lot and sometimes I think too much. Anywhooo I've been thinking about my life, well more like my future. I decided to create A PLAN. Yup, a plan that consists of what I want to accomplish within the next 3 and a half years that I have left of College. Here is my PLAN:
  • For my second semester of Freshman year, which begins in 8 days, I plan on increasing my gpa from a 3.45 to a 3.6! I also plan to lose a lot of weight, get in the best shape of my life, get my wonderful soccer skills back, and get an awesome role in the Musical coming up. I am also Assistant Stage Managing the play The Chairs right when I get back to school, so for this I plan to learn from the actors and to learn about Stage Managing.
  • For the Summer of 2010 I plan on working at the Town of Hempstead, which is like a law office. I was thinking of working at a summer camp, which would obviously be more fun, but I want more money so law office it is! I plan on making around $2,000.
  • Throughout both my second semester and the Summer I plan on creating a powerpoint presentation that will attempt to convince my parents to let me study abroad in India. I don't want to think about the amount of research I am going to have to do.
  • Before I leave for my first semester of Sophomore year I plan on introducing the powerpoint to my parents, arguing with them until I get them to the point where they say "we'll think about it," and then reminding them everyday to think about India. While they decide on India I will come up with a Plan B study abroad plan.
  • During my winter break, I plan on working again at the Town of Hempstead and making around $1800. My savings account will be up to around 6-grand.
  • My second semester of Sophomore year I plan on studying abroad, whether it be in India or another country. But, I will study abroad!
  • The summer of 2011 I plan on going to the New York Conservatory for Acting. I get to live in the city for 4-weeks and of course do what I love for 4-weeks. The program costs around 4-grand, and because I plan on making so much money within 2010 I plan on splitting the cost with my parents.
  • For my first semester of Junior year I don't have anything specific planned, all I know is that I just gotta keep up my grades! And of course be in the plays! :)
  • During my winter break I plan to work, not sure where, but I would like to make up for the money that I spent on the New York Conservatory for Acting.
  • My second semester of Junior year I plan on finding a paid Internship. I was maybe thinking of working at the Bloomberg Television Station in the city. I also plan on looking for a paid Theatre internship.
  • Summer of 2012 I will hopefully have a paid Internship and make a good amount of money. By the end of this summer I plan to have around 8-grand in my bank account (7-grand minimum).
  • Senior year: Nothing too specific planned except for two awesome trips with my friends. During my winter break, a trip to Vegas with Kelly and Julia and all of our college friends. During my spring break, a trip to LA with just Kelly and Julia. I know that if I keep a high gpa and work hard at all of my jobs, my parents will definitely let me go.
  • Second semester of Senior year I have to look for a job. I hope to find one on Broadway or at a News Station/TV Station. I plan on doing this job until I make it big on Broadway or in Hollywood. I will live at home until I have enough money to support myself to live in an apartment in the city.
So, that is my plan! I think it is a pretty solid plan. But the real question is whether or not everything will go according to plan. I'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment