Monday, January 25, 2010

THEHUMANAFESTIVAL!

"Actors Theatre of Louisville's Humana Festival of New American Plays is an annual site of pilgrimage where theatre lovers from around the world converge to get the first look at the future of the American theatre. More than 400 plays have been produced in the internationally acclaimed Humana Festival, representing the work of more than 200 playwrights."
(quote from the Humana Festival website)

It is also a place that offers many different Directors Workshops. The theatre group at my school has planned a trip to the Humana Festival in the beginning of our spring break (March 12th to March 14th). A 2 and 1/2 day festival of seeing new play after and play and doing workshop after workshop. Not only is it an awesome time to see plays but it is an amazing opportunity to establish contacts within the theatre industry. So basically, if you make good relationships with directors and other people, and you sustain these relationships throughout the years, you may have just found your way into the Theatre World. The thought at this opportunity gives me chills. At first, my parents were going to let me go...Unfortunately, I can now say goodbye to the Humana Festival (which I forgot to say takes place in Louisville, Kentucky). AU VOIR. I got in trouble with my parents and now they won't let me go on this trip. Total bummer. Another opportunity missed. Sad. Sad. Sad. Maybe next year, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment